These are great with your coffee in the morning. I love to smell them baking. I use pecans, but you can use walnuts if you like. I had to figure out actual measurements on this because I didn’t know to explain “eyeballing” amounts. LOL
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (I use only organic cane sugar. It gives a slightly different flavor than white sugar.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted are best) or substitute walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the sugar, egg, espresso and vanilla.
3. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the batter and mix in.
4. Add the flour, mix until it is just blended. Fold in the chopped pecans (or walnuts).
5. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Cool completely on a rack.
Yield: Makes 12 muffins.